Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I get a box with a sqare, a cirlce, and a triangle  (Read 3257 times)

siren

I get a box with a sqare, a cirlce, and a triangle
« on: April 17, 2005, 12:37:21 PM »
In my house we're calling it the confetti box. I don't know why I'm getting this. I used to be able to see everything on my pc and then one day(more than one user on the pc) I started getting the confetti box. I don't know what to do to change it.
I think it must be mostly moving pictures that I can't see?
Any help would be great! I'm pulling out my hair here.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: I get a box with a sqare, a cirlce, and a tria
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 01:37:09 PM »
Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware? Have you installed any new hadrware/software to your system prior the this incident? What about any major changes? Which operating system are you using?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

siren

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 01:47:26 PM »
I'm using windows 2000 pro.
I am constantly scanning for viruses and spy ware.
I have not installed any new hardware/software prior to this incident(that I can remember) I've had this problem for months now.
The only other changes I can think is that an antivirus firewall and spy ware, popup  bundle provided by our internet provider.
But I think I was already having this problem before the bundle was installed. Right now the only thing still running is the antivirus.

siren

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 09:24:29 PM »
I fixed the problem! I found out that I did not have Macromedia Flash Player installed. I thought I had installed it but there was a popup blocker(I think from my google bar) that was stopping it. I had to go to a macromedia flash player website and go to the link that has a kill bit it it and downloaded the player from there.
Thanks so much for all your help!

How did my subject get all messed up? Did I really write that instead of square and circle? lol

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 06:25:26 AM »
Actually, I think your subject was too long, so it got "cut-off". Thanks for chatting with us, and happy computing!  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 06:25:44 AM by flame »