Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: batch file to install drivers  (Read 3548 times)

davidarel

batch file to install drivers
« on: January 20, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
My job requires me to image and deploy several different generations of Dell laptops and desktops (all lattitude and optiplex).  All systems are XP Pro with SP3 installed.  I have modified the answer file to work much better than it was but there are still some driver issues that I can't seem to work out.  For example, the dell wireless drivers are installed when windows is starting for the first time but the actual application isn't intalled. This is because I followed the instructions from another source so I removed everything except for the .inf and .cat files for all the hardware.  What I would like to do is get rid of the sysprep driver installation and use a runonce command to really install all the drivers, i.e. wireless, audio, video.  How can I write a batch file to prompt the user to enter the model and then proceed to execute the install files (.exe)?  Here is a copy of the code I have so far:

[attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: batch file to install drivers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »
Do a search for unattended installs and network deployment...Tons of reading but the solutions reside there.
nLite may also be a solution as well.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "