Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not sure if i have posted this in the right place??? can anyone help me ?.  (Read 2881 times)

hollie

hi yesterday i installed nod32 on my PC. I thought it might have a virus as it was really slow and not going on the internet, even though the connection was fine.
after the installation it restarted and i logged in then my wall paper appeared with no start or desktop items ???
i went into start new task thinking i could delete mcfee which i thought might be the problem (two antivirus running at the same time) it wont let me go on my computer only desktop and documents and when i got onto add or remove programs, it was empty ???
does anyone know how to solve this or walk me though how to save my data elsewhere so i can restore factory settings and start over ?

p.s. my CPU is 97-100 at start up
my PC is 2 years old
i have roughly 750gig on the computer or attached to it.
i run spybot and mcfeevirusfirewalldisabled came up so i got rid of it and nod32 said it needed to update but, wouldn't let me and the computer wont restart or shutdown without me switching it off by powerbutton. :(

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru