Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Replaced HD - Recover from old HD  (Read 1904 times)

foggs

Topic Starter

Beginner

Replaced HD - Recover from old HD
    « on: February 04, 2009, 05:53:10 PM »
    Hi got a question. Importing address book and/or files from another program on another drive, is fairly straight forward.

What I'm trying to do is import from program folder, or the storage location folder, from an older installation on a different (installed) physical hard disk that is no longer an active OS on the computer.

I can pull almost all files i need to off of that drive, and as far as the email, i can import the address book file successfully for both outlook express and OUTLook.

What i cannot seem to do successfully is to import any old mail. Does anyone know, if this cannot be done?  Or if it can be done, how to do it?  Again, importing, on the same pc, different drive, which is no longer an active system drive, nor is that an option.

that drive was failing-and-riddled-with-spyware-viruses and it had to be removed. I have no money and not the time it takes to clean that out-it can take forever sometimes, especially when you have some nasty malicious stuff on it, like she did.

I put in a new drive/os, and really am just trying to bring back the little womans' old email files, maybe a few of mine.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I just found this site. I am sure i will be back. :)
    Foggs

foggs

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Replaced HD - Recover from old HD
      « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »
      on the system disk in question, xppro is running currently, with both Outlook2002 and OutlookExpress v.6.

On the former system drive, (which is a separate physical disk), when it was installed previously it was xphome, with the same mail programs installed.

again, the address book files i can import, but nothing else, so far. ???

Foggs