Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wrath of the Lich King  (Read 4865 times)

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

Wrath of the Lich King
    « on: February 03, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
    Hi. A friend and I who used to play WoW quite a bit. we were both endgame and everything in Burning Crusade are considering coming back for Wrath. Towards the end of our time in WoW though BC had become soooo boring and we could barely stand it. My question is is it worth it to come back for Wrath? Is it a lot different than BC, what is different exactly? Thanks in advance.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Wrath of the Lich King
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
    I know- I become boring after a while. Sorry about that.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

hulent

Greenhorn
      « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:04:55 AM »
      It is getting a little boring after the high of "Midnight Madness" but if you are wanting to get back into it, give it a shot.  Even if you get bored with it, you could always sell :)

[image removed]
      « Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:06:39 AM by Calum »

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
        True my friend and I have pretty decided to give it a shot. The death knight seems pretty appealing to me and leveling up and the whoel social aspect is what I miss most from the game so were going to jump back in and level a couple death knights together. I think I'm going to be a gnome I am giddy with excitement lol.

michelledvm

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »
          I have had a blast leveling to 80, but then the grind of running the same instances over and over gets a bit old. Guess, it is time to make a new character or get back into the pvp side of things.

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
            Hmm yeah. We have both bought the game now and I must say I've barely touched it since I've had it. I have a dk now leveled it to i think 59 lol and haven't even touched my main character still level 70. My friend on the other hand though has been playing an insane amount of time. I really just do not have that kind of time. I mean it literally took me 2 years to get to level 70, but so far the little I have seen of the game I really like it.

mannsupreme

Beginner
              • Experience: Familiar
              « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 01:48:50 AM »
              well to be honest Blizz has made WoW a very casual game, even if you were only to play it an hour at a time it would still take less than a month to level a lvl 70 to 80 its much more laid back than it was in Pre- TBC and TBC itself.
              but i think this has lost its appeal
              Why did the lion get lost?
              Because jungle is massive!

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:32:25 AM »
              I currently have WoTLK...but the only reason I came back was for the lvl 80 and the Death Knights.

TBC was the better expansion, and though the new instances are fun, they do get boring.

DaveLembke

Sage
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
              DK's are a fun toon to play, VERY TOUGH TANKS with the plate gear, and the quests actually give you nice blue gear rewards that are far better than what you could buy in the auction house etc.

My choice for my DK was a female Night Elf... she kicks serious *censored* and can shadowmeld if the mob is too much for her as part of her racial inherritance of being a night elf.

Also the AOE ( Area of Effect ) casts that do not require Mana! Is awesome, you can both be in the mob pit hacking and slashing axeing them down and cast DOT ( Damage over Time) AOE's to bring death to all enemies around you.

Still havent found the weakness to the DK, but to have a balance in the game there has to be some weakness, whether its FEAR SPAMMING from a Warlock or whatever it may be that affects all others anyways.

I have played for 2.5 years and the social aspect of the game is what really keeps it going for me. Dailys just get plain boring, but the interaction with other people is priceless at times. Met lots of good people and continue to do so. So its a gamers chat room for me at times. Also it helps to not just have 80s, but also have some new toons to run dungeons etc with the chance that you could die etc vs becoming so strong and tanked out with the best epic armor and socketed gems for theri stats that you become godlike and it gets boring if you dont have to worry about dying in the game and swat bosses like flies. Without a challenge it gets old fast if you are playing the game, just to play the game not not be social.

fakewaterwalker

Rookie
                « Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »
                it may not be in the spirt of the post, but i got a 56 druid.

which brings me to, personally i think druids, are kinda for people like me who cant decide what class to be at the start. i mean you can flip flop if you want lol, with respecializing and all...(hmmm balance, feral, resto... what to choose what to choose,)
                Are you infected yet? It happens to everyone,don't hide.
                Time is running out.  :,(