Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Partition Problem  (Read 1665 times)

jla_doc

Topic Starter

Partition Problem
    « on: January 29, 2009, 07:11:13 AM »
    Hello all, I'm new here.  Seems like a great forum, hope someone can help!  Here's the story;  Ok...so I put a 250GB HDD in my old lappy with XP.  It only read 127GB, but I went into the disk manager and was able to creat another drive for the unallocated space. 

I got greedy and wanted to merge the 2 drives and used a free program(EASEUS) to do this....it didn't work!  My laptop rebooted and I thought it would now just be the C: drive with all the space.  The other drive showed in "My Computer" still and needed to be reformatted, but it was unable to format it.

I went back into disk manager and it said my other drive was still there and "healthy".  I decided to delete that partition and try to get it back to "unallocated space".  Well I deleted it....and here we are; I have one drive with 127GB now and the other space now doesn't show up in disk manager.  How can I get that space back?  Thanks much for any help!!

Jim

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Partition Problem
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »
    So it's no longer in Disk Management?

How big is C:\ now? Tried restarting?

midsail

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Partition Problem
      « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
      There is a Linux partition call magic partition. I have used this SW to increase and decrease NTFS partition. U can Google it, I used and never had any problems.