Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Help  (Read 5155 times)

Antodne

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hard Drive Help
    « on: February 24, 2009, 07:54:43 AM »
    Hello Im not sure if I am in the right spot considering this is hardware and OS related but here i go. I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit on my system it consists of Biostar TA790A2+ mobo, AMD 5400+ X2 processor, 4 gigs of OCZ 800 ram, Radeon HD3870 graphics card, 250 gig Seagate sata hdd, 40 gb Seagate sata hdd. Dual Lite on DVD burners. Everytime I start up my system the HDD seems to run for like 15 mins straight and I do believe it caused one of the 250s to burn out after less then a month of use. Did I not install something correctly? Or maybe is there a way to use the 40 for my OS and the 250 for my programs and games? Will it help with the trolling of the HDD on start up if they are separated? And if there is a way to install the OS on the 40gig and everything else on the 250 any link or instuction will be greatly helpful. Or maybe i should buy 2 same type drives and run a raid setup...Im really lost and not sure what to do. Thank you for any response.