Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Speakers keep popping..  (Read 1990 times)

Cuber

Topic Starter

Rookie

Speakers keep popping..
    « on: February 27, 2009, 06:41:54 AM »
    Le-sigh~

My speakers randomly pop sometimes and make a sort of static sound sometimes to. I'm not entirely sure why.. but I'm sure it's not healthy.

It also seems to do it more if say.. I'm loading a video file, not always.. just sometimes.

Tips.. suggestions? The speakers are Creative2.1 Inspire T3030's.. my sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4.

Also noticed even opening things like control panel makes them like to pop more..

person93

Rookie

Re: Speakers keep popping..
      « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:59:29 AM »
      There are tips to identify this problem and then the solution;

1. your speaker is damaged. The solution is repair it to the shop with your warranty

2 these day, the virus are hardly development, sometimes it can make your sound system malfunction or disability to work. The solution is reinstall driver @ reinstall your OS. ( make sure your computer does not had virus )

3. your sound card are damage ( I guess )... To make sure there are no damage in your sound card try to uninstall the sound card ( THIS IS NOT RECOMMEND )... then try to listen your speaker with on board sound system .

Cuber

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 07:40:26 AM »
        Well what I've done now is simply set the system to use the on-board sound, plugged the speakers into that and so far, no popping...

So I guess that would mean it's the sound card, which makes me rather sad... to tell the truth. Perhaps trying new drivers will help?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:00:43 AM »
        Carefully remove the sound card and clean the contacts with a QTip and alcohol...
        Use a can of compressed air to blow out the slots and any other dust.
        If blasting the fan/heatsink combos hold the fan blades in place with the QTip to prevent damage.

As always when working inside the case remove all power sources and take anti static precautions.
        Carefully re-assemble and see if this improves things...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "