Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Understanding Mediabase MSG  (Read 1739 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    Understanding Mediabase MSG
    « on: March 01, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »
    Hi Guys, it's me again. This time I need someone to try and help me with what someting might mean. Okay, it's about Mediabase again. As you may recall, I use Mediabase to request music of radio stations. However mediabase was hacked and so they placed measures to try and stopped hackers I guess.

So now the message below comes up if you try and post more than once per hour. And I get this message even though, I don't post twice per hour . So then they must be using the 2ND part of the message to prohibit me. This is what I don't get. What does the last sentence mean. What organization are they talking about?

============= MSG from Mediabase=============

It appears that a request for this station has already been made from your ip address within the last hour.  Please allow at lease one hour from your last submission and try again  (NOTE: if you are sure that you did not make any requests for this station within the last hour and you are behind a firewall then it is possible that the request has been submitted by someone else in your organization).

===================

More info:

I am the only person who uses my computer. I do have a firewall. I do use dial-up (I know, I know). While there are two desk tops in the home they are on separate lines and at any rate, I am the only person using MB in the house.

Thanks all

If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.