Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Run as error, and email problem  (Read 7398 times)

Jacob Arnold

Run as error, and email problem
« on: June 03, 2004, 05:24:04 PM »
About two weeks ago for no reason a problem started, every time I open a program I get a "run as" window.  It asks me to either run as the current user or to switch to one of the other user accounts.  I run win xp pro and I turned off secondary login and disabled it.  It is not on.  Also, at the same time outlook express decided to stop letting me connect to my email server.  I scanned the computer with Norton and housecall, and nothing came up.  Any ideas?

merlin

Re: Run as error, and email problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 06:07:24 PM »
What m$oft updates have you got?have a look in the event viewer log for more?winxp logs everything..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 06:08:40 PM by merlin »

Jacob Arnold

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 02:27:40 AM »
I got my email working, seems like my spam blocker was causing problems.  It was changing the incoming server to a router ip address or something like that.  

As far as I know, I have all the windows updates except for the service pack 1.  I forget what day this all started, but I did notice that all of a sudden about the time this all started, in the event viewer, I get information events from a source "service control manager".  Can you tell me what I should look for.  I have no idea what i'm doing.

Jacob Arnold

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 02:37:21 AM »
Nevermind, I got it fixed.  I got the answer from another forum that said a subkey was missing for exe files.  I dunno what it all meant, but the problem is solved thank god.  Thanks for your reply though.