Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i need help formatting and fixing.  (Read 3078 times)

shannahan

i need help formatting and fixing.
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:39:49 AM »
ok well. i have a acer aspire 5920 laptop its about 7-8 months old but it was display so im counting from when i brought it. it has windows vista home premium on it  but for the last couple of days its been turning off by its self and sometimes won't even let me boot up in safemode and when it does it won't let me do anything. i startup repair it and that doesn't do anything it starts up and gets to the "log in" part and then shuts off with a blue screen telling me that "windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer" and when i try and start it up again it goes to the loading screen for hours and then turns off by it self. when i did the strt up repair today it told me that it had something to do with system volume on disk is currupt i have friends telling me the only way to fix this is too format. seeing as none of my mates have vista on cd and i don't even know if i have windows xp on a burnt cd i was wondering if there was a different way to fix it or if i can get a cd of windows xp or vista how to i format the computer to reinstall or install windows again?
i really hope this is understandable and ill try my best to find out more infomation if needed. but please help me my dad is going to kill me if i can't fix this.
thankyou so much!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: i need help formatting and fixing.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 09:47:50 AM »
Acer laptops normally have a hidden partition that contain everything you need to create a full Recovery CD complete with Vista...
Travel to Acer's site or check your Owners manual for info on creating this CD.

WARNING: When the restore CD is used you will lose all the data on that machine and it will be back to Day One status...so backup what you need first.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

abubucker0

Beginner

Re: i need help formatting and fixing.
    « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 12:24:47 PM »
    dude have system resrtore......
    just restore the system to earlie  date...

if dis thing also is not working then vista dvd from your freinds, boot from it and select the repair option.....

if vista is not there with any of your freinds den use the torrents ;) ;)
    after piracy is not always bad ;D