Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help, Video Quality Problem  (Read 17332 times)

VideoGirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Please help, Video Quality Problem
    « Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 04:02:30 AM »
    No, Studio - Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12.1

My preview is still pixilated and "blocky". But if I render "upcompressed frames", I get vertical lines but everything else goes away. If I render DV, then I get some blurriness, but the lines go away.

I guess I can only have it one way or other other and not both.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
      VideoGirl, I am coming late to the party.I have read all the post and indeed there seems to be little that has not been suggested or tried.As i understand it the only commonalities to this ongoing issue is the monitor and the cables connecting it to the computer.Everything else has been changed.Therefore my suggestion is:given that you purchased a new version of Pinnacle (at the time of the new computer/graphics card purchase) i think it is time to recall Pinnacle and get them to step by step lead you through their software. If at all possible i would urge a telephone conversation as opposed to an e-mail route unless you have the patience of Job. However this still leaves me puzzled as to why 1. This "suddenly" occurred. 2.That you have problems with video that was created before the issue arose and was not a problem then but is now (Pinnacle should have no affect on that video now). The more i think of this the more it seems logical that it is the monitor somehow.Except that the "repair shop" monitors also displayed the same result (whereas at that point the commonality was the computer).Ouch! Is there any difference in the video quality when it is played on one/any of your computer based software programs on the computer's monitor as opposed to burned to a disc and played on a remote optical device?Kudos foryour perseverance.truenorth

VideoGirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:16 AM »
        To anyone interested to know the solution to this problem, I still do not know. BUT the support at Gateway (which is rather good) sent me a driver to install. I did, and that helped a lot. Along with adjusting the settings on my graphics card, my video is now acceptable. I am currently working on my project, and will pursue other options at a later time. The video is still not perfect, but it will do for now.

In the meantime, if you come up with any genius ideas as to what could be causing the fuzziness/flickering still present, I am open to trying anything!

Thank you to everyone who offered their help. I greatly appreciated it!

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 03:42:33 AM »
        Just recapping...did you check codecs/project quality?

are you using NTSC/PAL ect