Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compu freezes when trying to open a certain site  (Read 7210 times)

Brittany

Compu freezes when trying to open a certain site
« on: June 01, 2004, 09:48:47 AM »
It's only been happening for about a week now, but this is really bothering me. I go to a dance forum (dance.net; I'm a dancer) and lately, when I try to go to that site in IE, it freezes. I'll hit ctrl+alt+delete, and it tells me that IE is not responding, but I try to end the program and it just freezes my computer again and I have to manually restart. It only does this in IE, and I have Netscape, I just prefer IE, so can someone maybe tell me why it is doing this?

merlin

Re: Compu freezes when trying to open a certain si
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 01:15:53 PM »
what o/s have you got and what updates?and what internet dial up have you got....56k dsl?i have tried this site on 576dsl...and it struggles to load try contacting>Thomas Brattli ([email protected]) and ask him if there is a server problem?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 01:19:30 PM by merlin »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 10:05:50 PM »
    Brittany....I just tried the site and had no problems.....
    http://www.dance.net/
    Do you have all the latest updates installed ?

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Brittany

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 03:49:38 PM »
    I'm really computer stupid and have no clue what o/s is or I'd answer that, I think I am on DSL or Cable. I am pretty sure I have all updates I ought to have. Don't worry about it anymore though, my brother graduated and got a laptop for his graduation present and is giving me his computer is a week so it's all good.

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 04:40:02 AM »
    For future reference.. OS means Operating System.  Win XP, Win 98, Mac, Linux are all examples of Operating Systems.