Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2k Odd Issue with the network  (Read 2432 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

2k Odd Issue with the network
    « on: March 18, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »
    I setup my mom a windows 2000 machine since she had needed one to do stuff.  The thing is at the moment the network info is in it and I can see the machine from another one but I cant see any of the other machines on this one.  Not sure if its the hardware error so much but it also asking for like user name and password as well which never really had happened I was just able to connect without that before.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: 2k Odd Issue with the network
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
    put in the username and password for the other computer(s) when you connect to them...
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: 2k Odd Issue with the network
      « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »
      I am but i didnt set it up to do that.  I setup the network myself so I dont get it, this is even after a format too.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres