Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop suddenly no longer recognizes USB Mouse.  (Read 7084 times)

31M4

Laptop suddenly no longer recognizes USB Mouse.
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:01:07 PM »
Hi all! I think I'm posting in the right place, I think this is a driver issue. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. :3

CPU/RAM: 1GB
Model: Acer Aspire 1650

So, I switched on my laptop and discovered my USB optical mouse wasn't working at all. I tried using different ports and restarting the laptop. Nothing. I got out a brand new USB optical mouse and that doesn't respond either.

Most of the time, neither appear in the 'Device Manager' and when they do appear, it is under under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' as an 'Unknown Device'

It says 'No Drivers are Installed for this device.' I tried uninstalling the driver then a message appeared saying Windows had 'Found New Hardware' and that it was installed and ready to use but then the error message reappeared a few seconds later saying that the USB device was not recognised.

I don't think it's a problem with the ports as I tried using a memory stick, my digital camera and my MP3 player and they all worked fine. The computer recognised them, just not the mice.

I've tried doing a system restore twice (two different dates) but it failed.

Any help is much appreciated as I'm not a 'TouchPad' person. xD

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Laptop suddenly no longer recognizes USB Mouse.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:45:32 AM »
The System Restore failed?

Try it in Safe Mode.