Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 5554 times)

1QWK96GT

What Happened?
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
I started my computer up the other day and it seems as though I got some virus/worm/trojan. So I start the process of removing it. The unknown files running in my task manager and startup is: pp04.exe,freddy32.exe,ld02.exe,rundll rundll32, startup manager thing. Also the other symptoms are that when i try to search anything on the computer it redirects me to some hyfixmycomputer.com website. I have tried disabling all them in startup and restarting but doing this disables my web browser function, even though I am still connected to the internet. I am currently on my other computer trying to figure this out and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Felix

Rookie
  • Bleh!
    Re: What Happened?
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:45:52 AM »
    Sounds like you've been hit by the evils of spyware, try ad-aware or other freely available spyware removal tools, but on the same note be cautious as some spyware masquerades as a PC fix it tool.. Which sounds like whats happened to your good-self.
    One important thing to remember is that unless you are exceptionally stupid or exceptionally brilliant, few newsgroup readers will remember your name from topic to topic or from post to post. It's the post that's important, not the poster!