Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Freezes everytime i try & save a pic.  (Read 10654 times)

laura127

Computer Freezes everytime i try & save a pic.
« on: May 29, 2004, 07:26:58 AM »
Im right clicking on pics, trying to save them on my hard drive but when i go to save them my computer freezes & i always have to click on task manager to end the task. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Computer Freezes everytime i try & save a
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 12:05:35 PM »
    laura127.....by any chance did this problem start after you threw out some system files when you were dealing with a virus ?

let us know

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

laura127

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 01:46:30 PM »
    To be honest, i think it may have. Im not entirely sure though. I have saved pics by right clicking before. Do you think i deleted something important??  :-[

merlin

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 02:00:29 PM »
    These pics are they camera/video pics email pics or internet downloaded pics....these should be in the my pictures folder and not the hard drive maybe thats the problem>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/multimedia/photos/overview/default.asp
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 02:11:38 PM by merlin »

laura127

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 07:15:31 AM »
    These pics are they camera/video pics email pics or internet downloaded pics....these should be in the my pictures folder and not the hard drive maybe thats the problem>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/multimedia/photos/overview/default.asp

Hi Merlin, thanks for replying. Thats the folder that im actually expecting to save them in (my pictures) but they wont save in there or anywhere else for that matter!

merlin

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 09:58:23 AM »
    can you check all of your  settings in the browser you have and re-set them to default...

laura127

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 09:35:46 AM »
    K,  ive figured it out. There's a new virus going around "black trojan" i think its called and it messes with people's anti-virus software. So even though i was scanning my machine every day (using Norton Anti Virus), and it claimed there was no viruses, there was!! Ive deleted the virus now, thanks to stinger & now im back to saving pics properly again :)