Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Folding at home 100% cpu and gpu?  (Read 20059 times)

paudashlake

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Experienced
    Folding at home 100% cpu and gpu?
    « on: March 21, 2009, 11:13:54 PM »
    Okay.....  I have a problem...

I have f@h installed, but I would like it to use 100% of my cpu, and I want it to use my gpu, too.  I know they exist, I just can't find the exact download link.  If you could, could you post the exact link of where to download these programs and DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO INSTALL THEM!!!
    Hinkle Finkle Dinkle Doo.  AMEN!! 

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Folding at home 100% cpu and gpu?
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
    Okay.....  I have a problem...

I have f@h installed, but I would like it to use 100% of my cpu, and I want it to use my gpu, too.  I know they exist, I just can't find the exact download link.  If you could, could you post the exact link of where to download these programs and DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO INSTALL THEM!!!

This is mentioned on the bottom of the main sticky post:

For advanced / adventurous users

If you have a recent NVIDIA / ATI video card the GPU on that card can be used to work on F@H units. Steps on how to do this can be found on the below link.

ATI CARDS
    NVIDIA CARDS

If you're running a processor with more than one core (e.g. dual core / quad core) an SMP client can be installed to work on units for each core. Additional information and steps for doing this can be found on the below link.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-SMP
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

paudashlake

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »
      yes, I saw that, but it doesn't really help me.  I do not understand those instructions.  Could someone help me with the downloading and installation of these?
      Hinkle Finkle Dinkle Doo.  AMEN!! 

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »
      I will help you! Ok first you need to get the gpu client.  For you it would be http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther Windows: V6 GPU2 (ATI 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx; nVidia) clients
      Windows XP/2003/Vista GPU System tray client (installer msi)
      The first one on the page
      Then install it and put the team number blah blah
      Now for the CPU download this Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 SMP client console version    6.23 beta for MPICH (32-bit or 64-bit) (at the same page as gpu right at the bottom)
      tell me when your done and dont do anything with the cpu. Ill do it for you