Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Basic Command For C64 Disk  (Read 8902 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Basic Command For C64 Disk
    « Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 11:51:36 AM »
    works with other floppies fine.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
      I dont know could I do a verify?  That would just prove what ever is on there wont it?  if I knew the name of what it was.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
        Probably, Do you have JiffyDOS? You could try that.
        If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 11:20:32 AM »
          As mention before know, I have basic or pet basic as what I think it ended up as and geos to which I can boot tooo....

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:52 AM »
            I think i found how to boot to GEOS:http://cbmfiles.com/geos/index.html

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:20 AM »
               ::)  I know how....  its load"*",8,1 then it loads.  I want to see the names of programs that it cant open, not the code.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »
                Ok, i read that the C64 has no sort of Directory command, the closest thing to it was LOAD "$",8,1

But it says on Wikipedia that that command just shows random garbage.

So basically in C64 Basic, you can't see the entire directory of the drive, unless you use another OS like GEOS or JiffyDos.

Article

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
                  i dont want to see the directory, i want to know the name of the program.  I'm well aware of what load"$",8 does.  It just loads it shouldnt display anything.  When you save a program you have the chance to name the disk know way around it that I know.  The question is what it is.  E.x. I have a game called mumpets adventure or something and I have to do a load"ma",8,1 ; notice the "" its indicating the program and saing to run that as expected.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                    • BC-Programming.com
                  • Certifications: List
                  • Computer: Specs
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
                  RUN
                  I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
                    That didnt work ether.