Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to DOWNLOAD streaming videos using IDM while playing?  (Read 44931 times)

tomprasad

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    How to DOWNLOAD streaming videos using IDM while playing?
    « on: March 25, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »
    Hi frnds,
    I am using IDM as my download manager.Earlier when i watch streaming videos,a button named"Download with IDM" appeared at the top right of the video.Then i reinstalled IDM because of a software error.Now it is not appearing on the video.Anybody pls help me to reappear it again.

saman mohajer

Re: How to DOWNLOAD streaming videos using IDM while playing?
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »
    hi unistal the idm and find full idm then instal it and instal the pach  where you had instal the idm  then clic on it for five times

computer-hopemember

The truth to How to DOWNLOAD streaming videos using IDM while playing?
      « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:33:38 PM »
      Let me apologise to Saman first...

Saman, you bloody liar, cheat people, waste people time! Mislead people. Its not even the easy way out! (hahaha, this is my first flame so, don't mind me)

And for the record, let the mods ban me.. is it ok to flame here? well.. i guess its ok if Saman over here is giving false INFO..

Well my dear friend, here the way to go, I just installed the IDM today and through my little bit of knowledge I know there's an easy way out...

:)

Well first you DON't UNINSTALL IT...
      U RUN IT... then at the bottom right of the screen you will see the green arrow pointing to the right. Hooray! You got eyes, you can see.. For your info that is the icon for IDM!

Then you left-click the arrow, WOw! you HAve fingers!! great job!

Then the IDM window opens, yes the "BOX" thing..

Next you see at the top panel their are icons! COOL!!

Next you count number 7 from the left... Wow u can count? good going! if your doubtful, its 6th icon from the RIGHT, well that icon is called the "Option" icon.. cool right..

Next you click it, what else?!

Next you will see another window box opens... Yes, you've guessed it rite... its the Options window.

Then automatically, its the "General" tab... wow, the computer can read your mind, cause that is what you are looking for!!!

Next scan your eyes down to the last line!
      Let me spell it out for you!
      It says this: IDM Download panel for web-players in browsers.

Beside it there is an "edit" button.

YES YES YES>.. click that.. ok i give up... the rest you figure it out!

:)

These are baby instructions by me..

Peace. and hope it helps!

x2543

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:45:37 PM »
      What was that all about? Help the poster instead of looking like a geek.

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:41:38 AM »
      Computer-hopemember,

With an attitude like that I don't see you being around long. The point of this forum is to help others. If some one gives information that you think is false or misleading you have to keep in mind that they may have had the same problem and the solution they are giving may have worked for them. If you don't like what they wrote don't flame them for it. Just ignore it and give your advice then move on.

Try to keep the sarcastic remarks out of you advice.
      You can't fix Stupid!!!

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »
      Yeah, we never use sarcasm here >:D
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

x2543

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 01:08:30 AM »
      I use FlashGet, does it's job fine and it's free. It works on firefox, that's the main browser I use anyway.

FlashGet (Freeware/Windows) is a leading download manager. It uses MHT (Multi-server Hyper-threading Transportation) technique, supports various protocols. FlashGet is a freeware without any adware or spyware.

FlashGet can record Windows Media streams through HTTP, MMS and RTSP protocols.

FlashGet Features:

Record Windows Media streams (HTTP, RTSP, MMS protocol supported)
      High speed downloading: Uses MHT (Multi-server Hyper-threading Transportation) technique and optimization arithmetic and it can split downloaded files into sections and supports multipoint transfers in parallel. Moreover, the techniques (UDCT, Ultra Disk Cache Tech) can protect your hard disk and make you download more stable.
      Support HTTP, FTP, BT and other various protocols: Supports HTTP, FTP, BT, MMS, RTSP and other protocols. It is seamless between protocols and there is no need to operate manually for download switch. The One Touch technique optimizes BT download and can automatically download target files after getting seeds information, hence no need to operate again.
      Call anti-virus automatically: Call anti-virus automatically to clean virus, spyware and adware after finishing download
      No adware and spyware
      Freeware

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »
      Yeah, we never use sarcasm here >:D

We do use sarcasm and but we usually don't put it in our advice we save it for other comments
      You can't fix Stupid!!!

computer-hopemember

Well...I'm still here.
        « Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:57 PM »
        Thank you for all your inputs.

I agree, I might have step beyond the red line.

It wasn't sacasm, it was extremely simple instructions. :)

@x2543: Geek I am.,and thanks for recommending flashGet
        @mroilfield: read the "subject", thanks, i'll keep that in mind for future help.

Take care guys.

Peace.

x2543

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »
        no problem, just trying to keep you same and alive, that's all  ;)