Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't boot in safe mode!  (Read 5345 times)

not_comp_literate

Topic Starter

Computer won't boot in safe mode!
    « on: March 31, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »
    I am in desperate need of help!!!

Tonight, trying to be the smart person that I should be, read an article on Yahoo about the Conficker worm and what to do in order to avoid it.

It suggested to make sure that you have Microsoft updates.... check
    Make sureyou have updated antivirus, etc.... check
    Then it suggested, if you were still concerned, to try to boot into safe mode. Well, genius me, opened msconfig and changed, went into boot, and changed it to safe mode.

Now, it seems that I did have problems after all.  When I restarted my computer into safe mode, it will not boot - NOTHING.... nothing at all comes up..... Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE help me?!?!?!?!

Sykes

Beginner

• Nice Guy :)
      • Tricks Guide
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer won't boot in safe mode!
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
    hey!

I need more information:

Do you see BIOS screen, Do you see anything on monitor?

If you press F8 at start-up, what happens. Do you see Advanced Boot menu?

Please give us more information.  ;D

Sykes :)

Have a good day

My Blog: http://www.tricksguide.com/

not_comp_literate

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:18:15 PM »
      Sykes

I set the system configurations to restart in safe mode - minimal.  Then, I restarted my computer and absolutely nothing comes up on the screen. I can hear it processing, but nothing happens. When I press F8 it only beeps, there is absolutlely nothing on the screen.  I even tried running the Windows Vista operating system disc, still nothing - just a blank screen. 

I had heard that the conficker worm prevents your computer from restarting in safe mode, so I am worried that I set system config. to restart in safe mode that I will never get it to restart in normal mode....

I just don't know! I can see my thesis and dissertation going down the drain.....  :-[

Please help

Sykes

Beginner

• Nice Guy :)
        • Tricks Guide
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:07:01 PM »
      Hi,

If you could not see anything on the on the monitor, then the issue related to Hardware, because: Msconfig is related to Windows only. Changing any settings in msconfig should not affect BIOS screen etc etc.

You may need to try Connecting another Monitor first, if the issue persists, reseating all hardware may help

Thank you

Have a good day

My Blog: http://www.tricksguide.com/