Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compaq sound driver  (Read 6234 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

compaq sound driver
    « on: March 23, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »
    hey guys I need a favor mostly why we do this, ha ha ha any how I got off talking with this dumb guy from compaq and what I need is this driver  avance logic inc, als4000 the most recent for 98 se I know that is some what old.  But my software wont run with anything newer.  I tried the website and the guy argued about it not being the attucal driver and said try this  http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html  but its a completely differnt driver to another sound card.  Then some other crap....  I was wondering also if there is an easy way to see if other compaq disks will work said something about being specfic to the machine.  Its a close one to mine at least I think so close that I can do it.  Its my dads which had 98 on it as well.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: compaq sound driver
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »
    Here Ya Go...

As always scan the DLoad before opening it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »
      oh sorry, forgot havent been doing that kind of thing recently.  Thanks patio
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »
        but how do i get it???  It jumps me to a list of other sound cards and such.

Hope_Comp

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »
          Here is  the direct download link from the same download link:

http://www.sound-drivers.org/temp/sc4000_98.zip   

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »
            that was wierd okay I have it know.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »
              still gives me the error.  I tried a seperate driver to a sound card that is exatly the same as the on board.

Hope_Comp

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:15:13 AM »
                What is the error you get ?

You may also try this driver Avance Logic AC'97 Sound System Software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=38810&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 08:44:24 AM »
                  I'll have to look around for it appearntly the only other place I have it is on my camera and some were on here.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »
                    It just asks for some cabs file that isnt there sorry forgot to get it but I know its not there at all tried too differnt disks.  my father has a 5BW1 KMAT CTO Serial 9034DTYZK359  would any of his stuff work with mine his was an me.  Also, if nothing else I figured that I could use and old sound card which has the exact same chip but the driver dont work  that the card uses.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 12:57:34 PM »
                      any thoughts?  i am about ready to slap in that card

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:13:48 AM »
                        can I know sooon????   hate to talk with them again in the state were in at the moment with the worm.

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        • Experience: Beginner
                        « Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 04:39:26 PM »
                        .cab files will be on the Windows CD's of whatever OS is installed on that machine...
                        It may need them for the drivers to install correctly.
                        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 05:27:30 PM »
                          sorry its not a cab at all, I looked at it and its attcually a clock.ax or something like that sorry.  I put a card in at any rate.  I talked with them and she wanted me to flash the bios if nothing else.  Dont want too.