Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless internet strange issue  (Read 2131 times)

freman

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Wireless internet strange issue
    « on: April 05, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
    Ok im at al loss here. my internet works fine except for one thing. my laptop doesn't recognise the fact that it has connected to My router.

i can run the internet perfectly fine but it keeps searching for a device to connect to and when this happens i get disconnected, because of this i can only run the internet in 2-5min bursts.

This problem occurred out of the blue i have not changed any of the settings and it has worked fine for 5/6 months now. it happened when i  my computer to stand by and it turned itself off. If i try to let windows manage my wireless it wont connect at all, or says its connected to an unsecured network of the same name but i cant access the internet, even though my network is secure. and i am accessing my router as i can tell from the router light blips are in time with me doing things.

i have tried a restart, virus scan both have had no effect. i use norton for my scanner, and am running windows XP pro Sp3. i use intel proset wireless to connect manage my wireless connections.

Any help appreciated

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Wireless internet strange issue
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:19 AM »
    Can you connect via Ethernet Cable?