Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc problems  (Read 35680 times)

Filip.dahlberg

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: pc problems
    « Reply #75 on: April 10, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
    will have to get back to you on that one, as ill have to go to the store and buy a cd and im going to my grandmother for the rest of the weekend..so ill have to try this on monday. Hope u have some more ideas till then, will also look for my windows CD more when i get back.

Filip.dahlberg

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »
      right, its wierd..but its true, i logged on to my computer again today and all seems fixed/perfect windows update kicked in by itself and have had no problems for the past 2 days..so ye thanks Evilfantasy for the help! much appreciated.

boris the spider

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »
        Hi, Excuse me butting in on this topic but I have exactly the same problem and have been following the steps above to see if I can find a resolution. I'm at the point where I'm running a Dr Web scan. The express scan showed no faults and the full scan is running as I type. - To while away the time while waiting for the scan results, I went back into regedit to try to change the "f" to an "S" again. While rumaging around I found that you need to change Permissions in the Edit menu before it will let you change the image path description. Not too sure how I did it unfortunately but I had a list of names in the group/user name list and two grayed out ticked boxes showing level of permission. - I did something that changed it to one name i.e. Base/ADministrator, ticked the boxes for access and then it let me make the change.

The bad news however is that it only let me do this in "BITS" and denied the change to Permissions in "Wauserv". I don't want to continue messing with these Permissions as I don't really know what I'm doing. - The answer to "unable to edit registry" that Filip was experiencing seems to be here. Boris.

worrywart2009

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 03:15:05 AM »
          i have had a problem installing  the  Microsoft.NET 3.5 service pack 1 and  NET Framework Family Update. it trys to install and fails to . the error code that comes up is 800B0100. i have been told that mozilla foxfire may be stoping it from installing, i also have internet explorer as well as mozilla firefox.