Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: game display problem  (Read 2653 times)

plug

Topic Starter

Starter

game display problem
    « on: April 11, 2009, 07:29:55 AM »
    i play an online golf game "pangya" at goa.com.  when i launch the game, the display becomes distorted and "stretched".  there is a setting on my monitor labeled "auto" i can select that returns the display to normal.  this occurs everytime i complete a game or enter game play.  ive tried every display setting in control panel i could think to try without success.  anyone have any idea how to correct this annoying problem? i have a windows vista os.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: game display problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
    When did this start? Has this always been a problem?

What monitor do you have? (model number)

What is your current screen resolution set to?

plug

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:19:02 AM »
      its  a mag innovision 17 inch flat screen.  the screen resolution is 1024 x 768, and i run the ingame settings at 640 x 480 because it best fits the screen, but it doesnt matter if i run the game settings and the screen resolution settings the same, it still does this.  its done the same thing on other games ive downloaded off the net, as well.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:20 AM »
      Do you know the native resolution of your monitor?

What happens if you try adjusting the ingame resolutions to something higher?

plug

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »
        not sure what the native resolution is, but the max is 1280 x 1024.  i have it set to 1024 x 768 as my preferential.  the ingame settings include a full screen or widescreen display.  oddly, i dont see the problem when its in widescreen mode, but i prefer to play in full screen  with the image larger as  its easier to play.
        « Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:12:08 PM by buttplug »