Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LAPTOP goes to black screen after it loads windows vista!  (Read 3241 times)

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
    LAPTOP goes to black screen after it loads windows vista!
    « on: April 09, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »
    I have to fix a laptop for a friend... I fixed the networking problem it had and after it worked for a day i started it up and it loaded windows vista but it went to black screen... Started it in safe mode does not work... started it in safe mode with command promt worked just fine but you can really do anything.... Please help i need it solved before sunday.... Thanks ahead of time.
    Kutless. Today I will be the World's biggest geek Tomorrow I will be your boss.

Custom-IT

Beginner

Re: LAPTOP goes to black screen after it loads windows vista!
      « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
      You could try pressing F8 when booting up the laptop to get the Windows boot option menu and choose the option 'Last Known Good Configuration'.

Hope this helps...
      Custom I.T. Computer Services
      www.custom-it.co.uk

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »
        Thanks try it.... Been using ms dos in safe mode to try out problems and there had been some ... but thx

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
          Thanks for you help! I did the F8 and that got me onto another role (kinda forgot about that) lol It will only start in Safe Mode with some advanced thing it wont start in safe mode or with last configured settings... When I start it in safe mode or normally the after it loads windows vista all the way and you see windows logo and then it loads for the desktop it goes to a black screen after that nothing happenes.!! I have to keep restarting the computer (Hard) to get it off... I've been in ms dos for several hours trying to find out stuff and im currently doing diagnostics but I dont know if that will help... I will ask my friend if i can reformat it with windows xp because I just cannot stand windows vista right now.

kutless

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 06:37:38 PM »
            Did the reformat works perfectly fine... I fixed the network before it did this and i did something that made this computer do that.... thx for every ones help