Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xbox 360 wireless  (Read 11529 times)

beanhead07

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Xbox 360 wireless
    « on: April 13, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
    Hey everyone, I have an Xbox 360 and I would like to get into playing it online. However, due to the way my house is wired the only way to get an ethernet cable to my 360 is to go through a wall and run the wire along the floor. I do have a wireless router and was wondering if I got a USB wireless card would that work to get my 360 online? Or would it need some type of special software to make it work for the Xbox? Thanks for any help. Hope this made sense.
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Xbox 360 wireless
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
    you can get a wireless adapter for your xbox. This plugs into the back of it and should be detected by your wireless router.

Here is one from Wal-Mart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4196272
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

beanhead07

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »
      Thanks for the link. I was just wondering if the other would work because it's going to a lot cheaper than the actual Xbox one. Thanks!
      If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

manish07

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »
        Yes, you can get wireless router for your xbox and enjoy online games.

andyscoobydoo

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 02:19:22 AM »
        You've got 2 choices really.

First choice would be move the router closer to the 360. I wouldn't recommend buying the 360 wireless adapter as it is really expensive. Spend your money on a wireless network card for the pc as its a lot cheaper.

The other option if moving the router isn't possible would be to buy a wireless bridge for the 360. Not sure if your are familar with a wireless bridge, but basically you run a ethernet cable from the 360 into a small wireless device that sits next to the 360 and that connects to your router. There not too expensive either.