Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop  (Read 2488 times)

Mulreay

Desktop
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
Every time a start up my laptop everything works fine but when I put my password in and start up windows, after a few seconds it makes that error message 'dong'. Then when windows starts I get the message
 'C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible

Access is denied.

I'm using Vista home premium. 2G ram, Pentium T5250 Duo processor.
Basically I can't access things like my documents or download a file off email. And my desktop background is still there but the taskbar and IE looks like something out of the 80's. Help would be greatfully appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »
How many User accounts are setup on this machine ? ?
Is your account setup as Admin or not ? ?
More details are needed i'm afraid.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
Thanks for speedy reply Patio. I am the admin, there is only two accounts setup on the system. The second account is never used.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »
Have a look at these

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Mulreay

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:30:32 AM »
Thanks for the link Dusty. The problem still seems to be there. I find that if I keep shutting down/restarting the problem continues. I have found though that if I log off then log back in the problem has gone. Until I do a full shut down  ??? any more ideas will be greatly appreciated. I know I will regret this but regcure has been removed from my system recently and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund. Could that have started the problem? And before I get a load of I told you so's I appreciate any advice to sort out this current problem. Thanks in advance people.