Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acronis 'true' Image won't restore correctly?  (Read 33024 times)

improbabilitist

Re: Acronis 'true' Image won't restore correctly?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »
As long as that made sense to you it was worth typing out...
Stop by if you have any other issues...
It certainly is, especially when I learned about that WinXP quirk. Thanks, I admire people who are willing to teach willing people  ;D

Anyway, here's that laptop thread:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,82618.0.html

Thanks again!

lapwlover

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:01 AM »
    Actually I used easeus todo backup free edition to backup my computer. If you don't have special needs, the free version is enough for you. Besides full backup, it also offers incremental backup or differential backup. you can download from here:

Link Removed...
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:35:24 PM by patio »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
    With regard to XP.
    When doing a restore to any drive other than C:  there can be trouble with BOO.,INI and NTLDR files.  This is what has happened to me several times. The BOOT.INI  points to the wrong partition after a restore is done.  I had to boot up with a CD and edit the BOOT.INI file.
    And when there is more that one primary and more that one logical, the windows partition naming order becomes confusing. Or maybe it is the drive letters that are censusing. It confuses me. Right now I am on partition 2, a primary. It has drive letter G:. Bute partition 3, the first logical, is drive D: and if I need to do arestore i have to be very carefull where I put it.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »
      You last 2 poster do realize that your in a thread that is over 2 years old.Right? truenorth

Salmon Trout

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »
      You last 2 poster do realize that your in a thread that is over 2 years old.Right? truenorth

2 old threads (so far) revived by lapwlover spamming for Easeus Todo Backup. They must be desperate to increase their Google page ranking.