Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dvd +- rw does not recognise blank dvd's  (Read 1959 times)

billybob73

Dvd +- rw does not recognise blank dvd's
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
I had an NEC ND 3500A DVD burner that was working fine and all of the sudden I could no longer burn DVD's. It would play factory DVDs, burnt DVDs and Cd's. It would also burn Cd's but when I tried putting in a blank DVD the icon in "My Computer" went from being a DVD +- drive to CD drive with a DVD icon and it said that there was 0 bytes  on the disk and 0 bytes free. I read some posts on other forums that said the burner may be fried. So after un-installing and re-installing the burner  I decided to spend the $40 and get another burner. I got a Memorex 525G Reinstalled Windows(XP Home) installed the burner and drivers and to my despair the same prob. occured. No third party software will allow me to write to a DVD either. I am using blank DVDs from the same package that I had already been using earlier with no issues. I am at my wits end and am ready to lose my marbles here. Can somebody PLEASE HELP ME !!!