Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE versus Mozilla  (Read 12919 times)

nordberg

IE versus Mozilla
« on: May 27, 2004, 06:24:19 AM »
I have been working on a website with a personnel directory that has a search option.  When using the search option in IE, the user cannot hit enter to make the search.  It returns no results.  However, if he clicks on the search button, the site returns the appropriate results.  When I use Mozilla, I only have to hit the enter key to make the search work properly.  Is there any HTML code that will make the enter key work in IE, or is there something wrong with the settings?  Is there any way to fix this problem?

Joleen

Re: IE versus Mozilla
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 07:54:45 AM »
Are you using a submit button or are you using a plain button?  You might be able to set the button as 'default' or something like that.  I think a submit button is automaticaly set for Enter.

merlin

Re: IE versus Mozilla
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 03:42:18 PM »
Stick with mozilla <firebird> is eons times better than ie6 but before ie 6 was ok?i really should not have replied to this but i have  why are  there different browers?M$oft has not got the whole cake yet it seems? watch this space :-/ or has your mate tried thishttp://www.jermar.com/tweaki.htm>
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 03:48:53 PM by merlin »