Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Half Ops is the answer  (Read 9810 times)

lostcoast

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Half Ops is the answer
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »

I feel half Ops is the answer to the ongoing issue causing Trolls having the upper hand in CH Chat.

I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Half Ops is the answer
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »
I feel half Ops is the answer to the ongoing issue causing Trolls having the upper hand in CH Chat.

You're not the only one who's expressed their desire to have half ops. However, at this time I don't think all the users who may or may not become a half op are ready. So for now I would like for the rights to remain the same, keeping everyone but myself at the same level (apart from a voice to help identify regulars). I'm fully aware that there have been some trolls recently and they will be dealt with and I plan on creating a new feature for hopebot that will allow users to report other users, much like how the forums work now.

I'd like to grant rights, but it seemed in the past extra rights seemed to go to a lot of the users heads and just caused distress among regulars.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein