Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: *censored* Ad Popups  (Read 10169 times)

dl65

Topic Starter
  • R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: *censored* Ad Popups
    « on: May 26, 2004, 12:59:31 PM »
    YellowRose......go to ....
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

D/L the free Ad-Aware 6.0 build 181 it has a hijacker tool in it and should remove and fix your problem.....
    BE sure to click on the UPDATE button after you have D/L and installed Ad-Aware
    Ad-Aware is a good tool ........you should probably run it every day or so .....

let us know how you make out

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

YellowroseofTexas

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 02:10:13 PM »
    Just ran ad-aware.248 objects found.Sounds like a lot.Hopefully this will work.

Anyone have any ideas how this happened?Is it a virus or spyware?I don't want it to happen again.

Thanks guys.I really appreciate the help.Again,3 young kids that love to play on the computer&don't want them to see this stuff.

dl65

Topic Starter
    • R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 02:49:16 PM »
      YellowRose.......Glad to hear it worked for you...you didnt say if you were able to reset your home page to the one you wanted and it stayed there ......As for how did it happen ......don't know for sure but someone using the p/c must have clicked on something and presto .........there they were.....Are you on dialup or Hi-speed and do you have any sort of firewall installed ....

let us know

dl65

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.