Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing Windows start up wav  (Read 2538 times)

StarBaseONE2

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
Changing Windows start up wav
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »
Just for grins I would love to swap the sound file (wav?) that plays as windows XP starts off after booting. Anyone know where I would need to go and what file would need to be removed/replaced/swapped out to accomplish this?
Progress has brought forth a new Information Age! With milestones come drastic changes! First, was to martyr Privacy! Security escaped, but is healing from emergency surgery! We watch his rehabilitation, knowing his complete recovery isn't likely. He's too thin! No wonder he refuses to look you in the eye, when giving customary assurances! He seems to miss the "Good Times" from back in the '70's...

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Changing Windows start up wav
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
You want to change the Windows XP startup sound? If so .... do the following ...

1. Open up your Control Panel
2. Click on “Sounds and Audio Devices”
4. Go into the “Sounds” Tab
4. Scroll down to “Start Windows”
5. Click “Browse”
6. Select the new file you want to use.

You can test it by pressing the play button to make sure you have the right one and also, you are only able to use WAV files, though other formats can be converted easily to the WAV format.

If you want to edit the sound that you currently have, then  these can be found in the “C:\Windows\Media” directory. I would copy the file to an easy to access location and rename the file before starting just so you have the original still in place and then have your edited file copied back to the "C:\Windows\Media" directory when finished.

StarBaseONE2

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »
Thanks that's too cool!
Progress has brought forth a new Information Age! With milestones come drastic changes! First, was to martyr Privacy! Security escaped, but is healing from emergency surgery! We watch his rehabilitation, knowing his complete recovery isn't likely. He's too thin! No wonder he refuses to look you in the eye, when giving customary assurances! He seems to miss the "Good Times" from back in the '70's...

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:11:03 PM »
your welcome. Hey, a holloween themed windows wouldn't be bad for October 31st. LOL  ;D