Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sorry for the inconvenience screen loop - Windows XP Home  (Read 2417 times)

camaro69

Sorry for the inconvenience screen loop - Windows XP Home
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »
Hi everyone! First, thanks for any and all helpful posts that this may receive. I truly appreciate it.

Here is what is happening, a few weeks ago I had a virus on my computer, I went to restart to delete the final files & that is when it all started. Restart is no longer my friend. I finally decided to reformat completely, deleted everything off the computer and put in the Gateway system recovery disc

I have tried 2 versions of Windows, both XP Home and XP Professional because I was told perhaps my XP Home had corrupted files, however neither of them work.

The computer starts and it runs on a loop on the Sorry for the inconvenience screen, no matter what option I choose (safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc etc) It doesn't work. The computer won't go into safe mode even if I press F8.

I have tried:
FIXMBR
Fixboot
Chkdsk /r (it says there are no bad sectors)

None of this works, however if I leave my computer off for a while let's say an hour and I turn it on, it will load to the desktop, stay on, but sometimes in the middle of something it will crash, restarting it will always result in the screen looping, and the only way to get it loaded up is to wait for a while before turning it back on.

I was told that it seems to be a windows/software issue so I'm posting it here, however the more this goes on the less I'm sure that's what it is.

It's a Gateway GT5026E.

Sorry if I explained this too much or if I didn't use the proper terminology to explain, I'm nowhere near an expert at any of this. Thanks again for any light you can shed on this! :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Sorry for the inconvenience screen loop - Windows XP Home
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »
Overheating...and or flakey PSU.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "