Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Have you made a purchase from eBay or other auction site?

Yes - Just eBay
69 (39.9%)
Yes - Other auction site
7 (4%)
Yes - eBay and other
29 (16.8%)
No
68 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: May monthly poll  (Read 33806 times)

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: May monthly poll
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 04:50:25 AM »
there is alot you dont know that I dont like to mention.  I felt the need to say that.

There is a lot you don't know that I don't like to mention because if you knew it would mean that I mentioned it which I shouldn't because you don't already know since I never mentioned it because I wasn't sure if you knew or not and I don't like to mention it anyway. I felt the need to say that.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:50 AM »
    no, your way off.  :(
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    « Reply #77 on: May 18, 2009, 04:57:27 AM »
    Since this topic is about Ebay.....

Time to buy dictionaries!

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    « Reply #78 on: May 18, 2009, 05:22:55 AM »
    no, your way off.  :(

My way off? Are you sure? It's not someone else's way off?

Speaking of auction sites, I know my girlfriend gets a lot of crap off of some auction site out of Taiwan. Don't think she's ever had a problem with that one either. Don't remember which one it is, I'll ask her later and post back.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »
      Gentlemen/ladies. It is with a great deal of fear and trepidation that i re interject myself back into this dialogue. However it is my 1st time ever responding to one of these "monthly polls". If this is the way they turn out with a general ramble and a back and forth of personal attacks then it shall be the last one i participate in. I do agree that all are entitled to their opinion but it would be nice if the opinion advanced the knowledge of others on the forums and was substantially based in fact. This current topic has severely degenerated and in my view should be terminated before it gets even worse.There is another component of the CH forums where one can go off on a tangent about anything and perhaps those that are lonely or whatever should try that forum. With all due respect,truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #80 on: May 18, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
      Well put...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Pholla

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2009, 03:08:40 AM »
        Only bought from Ebay and that was nearly 6yrs ago.

I thort that it was good as i got what i bid for within a few days and the quality was high.

Teresab56

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #82 on: May 30, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
          I've used ebay off and on for years.  Luckily, we've had pretty decent experience.  I've bought computer parts, toys, lots of miscellaneous stuff.

I have to agree with some of the others who've commented - it's pretty scary - you never know when you're going to run into someone who doesn't come through with the promises.  I've had a few friends who've had some really bad experiences with ebay.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #83 on: May 31, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »
          You weren't complaining, Quaxo.  ::)

I was. ;D

Two times I used eBay, one selling something and the other buying something. Both of them went wrong.