Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PageMaker 6.5; need help with images  (Read 2673 times)

BlueBarron

PageMaker 6.5; need help with images
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »
I am having difficulty downloading photographs in the PageMaker 6.5 program.  I am using the photographs from the CD ROM that came with the software.  When I use the file>place option I get the following message:  "The graphic in the linked file would occupy 600KBytes in the publication Include complete copy in the publication anyway?"  When I click yes it appears to download a thumbnail of the picture.  When I try to re-size it, it pixilates the picture.  The pictures are in JPEG format. 

Do I have to change the resolution of the photograph in order to re-size it?  I first tried to download the photographs directly from the CD ROM-didn't work, then I saved them to my computer.  I have stored the pictures in (Vista) Windows Photo Gallery.  When I click File>Properties it gives me the dimensions of the photograph the width, height in pixels and the resolution.  Is there a way to change the resolution without cropping it? 

Also when I view the height and width of the image in pixels, I have no idea what the size of the picture is, for example; what size is a picture that is 770X1148 pixels?  is that a 4x4, an 8.5x11 or what?  What is the size of a pixel?

I also cannot upload the JPEGs into Photoshop so I can alter
the photograph.  I've already tried using the Save-As option and changing
the suffix but I can't find a universal suffix that works in both pagemaker and Photoshop. 

Can you help me?  I have more experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Quark, but I'm just learning PageMaker.   
BlueBarron.