Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is Vista worth it?  (Read 31795 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Is Vista worth it?
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2009, 08:54:52 PM »
Squall one question...are you running Vista right now ? ?
If so for how long ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »
    It's not worth it to upgrade only because you don't gain anything for the money but it's not a bad system to run I like it, especially the new search function, the photo gallery sorting, and the quickness of jumping on a network.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #122 on: May 26, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
    I'm using it right now, got the sp2 on. the machine's sparkling clean now that i gave it a clean and it's still pretty good!!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »
      I have no machine that runs it aside from what I use down there at the main campus and my sisters laptop all together I suppose about a year or so.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

gothsleepy1

Rookie

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »
        Hold out for W7

2x3i5x

Expert
        « Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »
        Hold out for W7

yeah from what I see so far, just get windows 7 if you do not already have windows vista on the hold. For me, I have windows vista and there's no problem with it that makes me really need to change operating systems though so i'm staying with it for now.

Windows 7 is basically windows vista at heart except for the cosmetic differences as well as how things are handled in windows 7 which may make it more interactive for the user, which probably is a good thing so that users actually know where things are.

But so far, I feel that windows 7 and windows vista would run smoothly on decent pc's anyhow.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 04:17:21 AM »
          I dont plan on getting vista, win 7 maybe after a while I have the feeling that I will have to set it up some were so I suppose that I should get used to it soon. 
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

nalee

Beginner
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »
            ARE YOU SERIOUS  :||x :||x :||x :||x  That's the beauty, freedom of speech.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion (for the most part) no matter how odd or out of place it may seem to YOU.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I have Vista on my Laptop and XP on my desktop, they both have strengths and weaknesses, so like it was said before, to each his own.  It's not that serious, be passionate about something that actually matters, not whose computer can grow legs and run faster than someone else's.  I digress
            "If you don't stand behind the troops, feel free to stand in front of em"

2x3i5x

Expert
            « Reply #128 on: May 28, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
            to everyone their own opinions. windows is gold and windows is trash for many a people. the curse'd windows it shall be....

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #129 on: May 28, 2009, 10:32:14 PM »
            opinions based on prejudice are flawed.
            I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

2x3i5x

Expert
            « Reply #130 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »
            opinions based on prejudice are flawed.

but still a cursed  a windows it shall be to many people .... it's their opinion on it, what can we do about it? Many a mac user will say that Mac is better than windows, that's what they think but oh well, life goes on  :-*
            « Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:27:53 PM by 2x3i5x »

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2009, 04:38:36 AM »
               ::)  If you really think about it, I had the other day mostly if not all pc's I mean all together laptops ect... have windows on them about 25% is other OS's

Cityscape

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
                • Yes
              • Certifications: List
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #132 on: May 29, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
              Thing about Linux is that it's compatibility issues... The hardware they use does not have many vendor's. Also, Windows & Macintosh software is not compatible. That's expected though... but most software is designed for Windows or Macintosh and not Linux.
              As soon as Linux gets a larger market share programs will become available.
              The usage of Windows is hugely declining (-8% of total market over 2.5 years). And Mac OS X is growing fast along with Linux. Dell USA even now selling desktops & laptops with Ubuntu Linux.
              Don't get me wrong, I love Linux. I've used Fedora since Fedora Core 3. Xandros is another distro I like. But I'm a big gamer, and the lack of mainstream games for Linux is a letdown and the main reason I don't go 100% Linux.
              The reason for lack of games is because of what i stated above.
              It's not worth it to upgrade only because you don't gain anything for the money
              That's right, wait for Windows7.

TheHoFL

Intermediate

« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
                I still say get Vista. I have had NO issues running Vista Ulitmate. I liked Windows 7 from playing around with the RC that was released, but i think it will be a while before service packs are released. Hands down, Vista is awesome. If you like gaming, photo/video editing, etc. it runs great.

If you want Windows 7 i would say wait for about one year after it comes out so some updates and patches are released. At least you know some of Vista's issues are taken care of.  ;)
                All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.  - Walt Disney

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »
                  thats usually how it all ways is.  No more no less except for the windows phanatics.