Microsoft > Windows XP

Win3.1 won't recognize my Cd drive. Help!

<< < (8/17) > >>

BC_Programmer:

--- Quote from: patio on May 08, 2009, 07:10:07 PM ---Dinner Plates actually preceded Vinyl LP's by many centuries...
Therefore CDROM technology actually represents Dinner Plates moreso than LP's...

--- End quote ---

Additionally dinner plates represent a parent of several technologies, from frisbees to balled up socks.

patio:
My bad...
I forgot about the socks.

BC_Programmer:
it's more of an abstract representation of the standard "disc" shape expressed in earlier inventions. The frisbee, in contrast, was merely a functional adaptation of the generally fragile when thrown dinner plate into a device that can perform the extraordinary flights of a dinner plate without the mess afterward. Other items attempted before would be the creation of the "fristee" which was shaped like a teacup; the "frisgar" which was shaped like a sugar bowl (unfortunately scrapped early due to copyright concerns by "fiskars" scissor brand). Another failed model was the Fris-BEE, which was similar to todays modern frisbee in shape and design, but had a fun feature- angry killer-bees encased in a bubble on top of the frisbee. Miss a catch, and pay the price.

After several concerns for the well-being of both those using the toy as well as the fact that the bees generally suffocated and died within a few minutes of manufacture, the fris-BEE was cancelled.

the experiments and resulting product, the frisbee, were the fruits of a long hard struggle by the german scientist, Doctor "Droda daim Frisbee", who enjoyed throwing things, flying objects and spinning around until he got really dizzy and got sick. He also had a passing sock fetish, which may or may not have directly resulted in the further research into balling socks up when discarded. Unfortunately a balled-up sock causes more problems then it solves, since it cannot be efficiently cleansed in the balled up form. the result is usually a wet, and still mostly dirty sock. Doctor Frisbee married a woman, who took on the name frisbee to become known as Aeg cot'de frisbee.

Cityscape:
Okay squall_01, your going to have to do a lot better then that to trick us into believing that CD's and records were built on the same technology. Cd technology started being developed in the mid-late  1970's, that's way after records!

And to the rest of you: you've been talking about everything including dos, records, frisbee's & socks! How does that actually help me get Window 3.1 to recognize a CD drive. I have only 1 decent answer (Thanks BC_Programmer) :).

I like a bit of chat and discussion, but when it gets to the point that I can't get an answer then it's too much. So can we get back to the topic: ways to get Window 3.1 to recognize a CD drive. ???

Carbon Dudeoxide:
I don't know much about Windows 3.1, but did BC_Programmer's work at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version