Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DELL Power Edge with Xeon processor 1600 sc  (Read 2383 times)

skullchunks

Topic Starter

Rookie

DELL Power Edge with Xeon processor 1600 sc
    « on: May 08, 2009, 06:17:15 AM »
    have a chance to pick one up from an auction at verey verey verey low cost to me , has no hard drive, would this make for a good home computer, have no other info on it for it is an online auction from a business foreclosure!
    thanks for any help!
    mark

Mulreay

Re: DELL Power Edge with Xeon processor 1600 sc
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
    This is a bit shall we say 'lacking in infomation'. What are you going to use it for, what are the rest of the properties? RAM, HD, Graphics and well everything??

skullchunks

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 10:23:26 AM »
      well,as i said i dont know anything other than what i posted, it is being sold @ auction online and this is the only info provided..as far as my use..just home use internet,music,....

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
      It's a mine field mate. Don't buy unless you know what you are getting. If they don't display all the specs then walk away. The last thing you need is to get a 'sold as seen' and then a toaster turns up at your door. Walk away and go to a company that you can atleast walk back in the door to and say 'what the *censored* is this you conned me into buying'. Don't buy unless you know what your getting!! And from what you said your getting a lump of plastic from 1989 that has about as much chance of running a programme as me beaming up to the enterprise to have a nosey at Troy's living quaters.

skullchunks

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »
        ok..thanks, this company my wife works for opted to remove the hard drive's as opposed to paying someone to erase them, it was working....i just dont know the specs cause it is a foreclosure/bankrupt  auction

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:18:29 AM »
        It depends on the money involved... just because it came from a company does not make it the dogs dangly bits. If there are no hard drives with the computers then the extra cost and installing has to be taken into account along with the price of a genuine OS. Don't forget that companies will always opt for the cheapest solution to anything so there computers probably follow suite. Can your wife tell you anything of there specs?