Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: Deleting unwanted toolbars and favorites folde  (Read 9016 times)

dl65

Topic Starter
  • R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Deleting unwanted toolbars and favorites folde
    « on: May 24, 2004, 12:43:24 PM »
    DJ.....what operating system are you using.....and do you have any idea which tool bar it is that you cant remove.
    let us know

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

DJ Campbell

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 04:30:29 PM »
    Thanks for your input... I have Windows XP as my OS and the toolbar was something my son downloaded... it was some sort of web search toolbar that materialized everytime I opened a browser, even though I unchecked it and deleted it from add/remove programs... plus the two favorites folders must have been a part of that.  There was a gambling  folder and a site for male  *ahem* enlargement.  lol  Fortunately, as ascribed to my diligence, I have since resolved the issue.  I ran Ad-aware and found that these sites had embedded themselves in my registry and files.  

dl65

Topic Starter
    • R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 06:06:02 PM »
      DJ.....glad to hear that you got it with Ad_Aware ....its a good tool......and BTW there is a new update for it make sure you get it .....
      Even if your son isn't................LOL
      It might just work ......ROTFL

dl65  ???
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:23:33 PM »