Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with this issue please....  (Read 2833 times)

dtown14

Topic Starter

Need help with this issue please....
    « on: May 13, 2009, 06:26:08 AM »
    My daughter came to visit and went on my computer using Internet Explorer not realizing that I use Firefox only. Ever since then, when I go to the computer or while I am on the computer, the Internet Explorer main page(Google is the default) comes up. I click on the Firefox icon, and could be just looking at the ESPN site as an example, and every 3-5 minutes, that screen pops up. I then have to "X" it out, and then I get the Internet Explorer error message, which says IE has to shut down, sorry for the inconvenience, and do I want the report, etc. This is incredibly annoying. I just purchased a "Registry Cleaner" and I even tried to delete the IE folder through "KillBot" but it wouldn't allow it? Need help please!  Thanks!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Need help with this issue please....
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »
    I just purchased a "Registry Cleaner"
    You just paid for messing your computer up even more. Uninstall, work couple more hours more this week to cover losses :)

tried to delete the IE folder through "KillBot"
    Another bad move.
    Can't you just ask around before doing something what's gonna kill your computer sooner, or later?

Now, please explain when IE pops up, because I simply don't understand it from your description.

dtown14

Topic Starter

Re: Need help with this issue please....
      « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 07:44:17 AM »
      Well after running the Registry Cleaner the pop up problem has gone away. I also did a defrag and my computer is much faster as well. Seems like all is well now. Thanks!