Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 1 computer wil connect to the internet with Wifi but the other won't!  (Read 3719 times)

Vitalius

Topic Starter

Rookie

What i am having trouble with now is connecting another laptop to my wifi... My comptuer that does connect is a Vista and the other is a XP. Now I just downloaded the driver for the Wifi Card, and the computer connects to the network but wont connect to the internet -_-. Now let me explain a little better... My Vista IS connected to Wifi and has internet... My XP IS connected to wifi but has no internet.... makes no sense to me.

scotweather

Greenhorn

Have you setup the internet connection options on the Laptop ?
      If you are using the laptop through a network you will need to specify that is how you are connecting.
      Try using the internet setup wizard... you can get to it through MS Internet Explorer (tools Options - Connections)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      The two most likely areas causing problems on the XP machine are proxy server settings and gateway IP address.  See if Kate's suggestions help out first and let us know how you get on.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos