Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: evo 610c / hp pavillon dv 6000  (Read 2074 times)

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

evo 610c / hp pavillon dv 6000
    « on: May 26, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »
    My hp pavillon dv 6000 screen has chit the bed. Is it possible to take the hardware out of that and stick it in my old evo 610c?
    See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

Re: evo 610c / hp pavillon dv 6000
      « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
      What hardware? Also, if its a laptop, you can probably just hook up an external monitor to it and use that.

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »
        i wanted to swicth everything down to the motherboard over.. but the case is alot smaller then the hp's..what do you think i can get into the evo from the hp??
        See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
          Probably not too much. First off, do both computers use the same type of hard drive? (IDE or SATA?) Also, do both computers use the same RAM? it looks like the evo uses DDR, and there are many dv6000 models, so I am not sure what that uses. Motherboards will most likely not work at all, especially if it will not fit. Most likely you barely can switch anything over. You will have to give exact model # of the dv6000.
          « Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:08:12 PM by iamtonsoffun247 »

petenwlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:27:24 PM »
            thx man..ill do farther research online and let you know what i come up with.. ;D