Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Viruses/malware/spyware deny acces to usb-sticks and Ipod  (Read 2889 times)

Yortjoe

Hi,

So as said in the title I had a bit of a problem with viruses malware/spyware and trojans. I did a virusscan with eTrust antivirus and removed everything. I did a Spybot s&d scan and fixed everything. Same with ad-aware and malwarebytes. But the main problem remains and that is that my USB-sticks and iPod are no longer recognised by My Computer. They don't show up in disk managment either. They do show up in Safe Remove however in location 0??? I tried removing the drivers and reinstalling them same with the USB-controllers, both no luck. O and they are not broken because they work perfectly fine on other PC's! I also read somewhere about removing the upperfilter and lowerfilter in the registry but that didn't work either.

So I ended up here and read a post of someone who had the same exact problem and you guys referred him to this section because the problem would definitely be viruses etc. So I did all the steps I should do according to this forum but I already stumbled upon my first problem before being able to do the HJT. When I do the SUPERantiSpyware sweep I find a lot of Trojans etc. But when I try to fix then the program says something like: "Removing blablabla from active memory" and then I get a bluescreen because there was an error in winlogon. It was a problem with Virtumonde that screws with the winlogon. So I did another Spybot sweep but now before windows starts up and that luckily fixed the problem. After that I did SAS and Malwarebytes again and here are the logs of them. But I still have the USB problem. For some reason I can however hook up my usb-mouse and even external hard drive??? So here are the three logs I hope someone can help me.

[attachment deleted by admin]