Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DDoS Attack Leaves Five Chinese Provinces Without Internet  (Read 13268 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: DDoS Attack Leaves Five Chinese Provinces Without Internet
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »
AhAaaaaa...
So it was DOS after all...... ::)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »
    AhAaaaaa...
    So it was DOS after all...... ::)

With its might, fail safe 8/3 Rule!  8)
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
    I just can't help observing 1/2 of the comments here are drivel...
    Just thought i'd have some fun with it.

OK i'm done.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »
    It won't be long before this thread becomes about peanut butter. So before that happens I would like to contribute that there are a number of jams that go wonderfully with peanut butter. The science may not exist to prove why the taste combination of peanuts and smashed berries goes so well together but it appears to be a culinary constant. Now the real question is, while there are a number of different types of jams, going from strawberry, raspberry, blackberries, and any number of combinations with other common drupes, there are some that depend on taste. For example, blueberries. If you don't like blueberries, a blueberry jam and peanut butter sandwich will not be your favourite, regardless of how intense your love for peanut butter is. Also some people who do like blueberries detest the fact that in order to create blueberry jam it is necessary to add synthetic pectin since blueberries don't contain quite enough of their own. But I suppose that depends on their viewpoint on artificial food additives.

Apple jam, on the other hand, while still requiring a proper affection for it's flavour, and while not going with peanut butter quite as well as berries, is one of the highest pectin containing fruits, and thus requires no synthetic pectin.

Bananas, a natural companion with peanut butter, while traditionally simply served via slices on the bread alongside the chosen form of peanut butter, can also be smashed in much the same format as berries to create a gooey yellowish white mass that tastes of bananas and is easily spreadable.

OK. I'm done now too.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »
    I roasted a Rainbow Trout ( fresh caught ) on the grill yesterday and stuffed it with 2 sliced bananas ; bread crumbs and a healthy dollop of peanut butter smeared inside...

My strategy worked...i got to eat it all to myself.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »
    the science behind culinary art is often both misunderstood and overly contemplative. a prime example being the often disparaged combination of ketchup and chocolate pudding. It sounds unorthodox, and people disparage it before even trying it, with their own biases and filters taking effect, telling them such a combination will fail without actually performing an actual scientific observation, instead lending their opinion to superstition that sweet and savoury only go together in sweet and sour pork. So, I decided to try it myself. I mixed 1/2 ketchup and 1/2 chocolate pudding, and discovered it was horrible. like eating out of a goats *censored*. It also looked like a bloody stool, which didn't really help matters either. However, I was proud to say that I was the first person to come to that conclusion based on the solid evidence of observation, rather then some silly presumption based entirely on traditional culinary knowledge.

The Board says i've exceeded the character limit...so BC's not allowed in my sig
    LOL
    which one were you trying for?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
    Based on that premise you would have never came up with your cheese drink recipe so i just don't get it...
    You know they serve it on the Riviera now ? ?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »
    exactly! following "traditional" culinary ideals always results in the same old drab culinary experiences. I kick it up a notch with unexpected twists, like peach marinaded beefsteak, or fruit salad with beef gravy. Or- vodka and cheese.

Why, I guarantee that before the Peanut butter and jam sandwich set the standard for basic nutritional supplements for young and old alike the idea of peanut butter and jam in the same dish was appalling, much in the same way most people produce a contorted facial expression when I tell them of my exploits with my "jolly rancher" turkey recipe.

You know they serve it on the Riviera now

Actually, we're in a legal battle with them, they insist that they invented the drink by accident when a drunkard, who consumed large quantities of both alcohol and cheese, vomited in somebody elses glass when they weren't looking. that lucky person was, according to them "the first person to indulge in the ecstasy of cheese, vodka, and a smattering of gastrointestinal flotsam and jetsam". what a ridiculously unbelievable story!  there was no way the drunkard consumed the exact proportions and fermented the cheese further in their stomach before "delivering" it to the eventual recipient. Additionally how does one only vomit a glassful? A ludicrous story at best. But I'll leave it to my well paid lawyers. at least until they realize they aren't getting paid.