Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need fast help.  (Read 2905 times)

Seldom Fail

Topic Starter

Starter

Need fast help.
    « on: June 05, 2009, 01:54:44 PM »
    So my church is having a garage sale. And someone donated a HP Pavilion 7850 that ran Windows ME. The person who had it, started to install Windows XP but didn't finish installing.

So now when the computer starts it goes to the Windows XP Installation page and says "Please insert Pack 2 CD to continue installation"

Is there a way to get to remove the installation of Windows XP so it's just Windows ME on the computer?

I can do that in DOS Mode right?

Also, an IBM ThinkCentre was donated. I got it to run, but it just goes to a black screen after it boots up.

It also runs Windows XP.

Mulreay

Re: Need fast help.
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »
    Lol

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:58:35 PM »
    Sorry I would never buy a computer at a garage sale so... we will try to help give me a mo.

Seldom Fail

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
      Sorry I would never buy a computer at a garage sale so... we will try to help give me a mo.

I wouldn't either... but my church asked me to make the computer functionable so that someone will buy it.

Mulreay

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »
      I feel humbled. Sorry no offence meant.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
      That HP computer is rather old. I checked, and it doesn't have any recovery partition, so you need some CDs. Either recovery CD, or some Windows CD. There is no other way around.

Seldom Fail

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »
        That HP computer is rather old. I checked, and it doesn't have any recovery partition, so you need some CDs. Either recovery CD, or some Windows CD. There is no other way around.

I have some system recovery CDs. 3 disc HP System Recovery set.

Mulreay

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »
        So can you not use them to recover from?

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
        Recovery CD works ONLY on the computer it was designed for.

Mulreay

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »
        Good call. My bad.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »
          stop telling him junk thats ot needed.  You should be able to boot off of the disk still, dont act like we arent sure whom this is that tried installing xp.  As long as it meets the basic's you can run it.  At any rate it will prompt you an stuff just hit esc then it should show you the regular xp install menu just act like your doing an install then when it ask about the drive hit del - enter - l which will allow you to set the drive for a reinstall.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »
          Squall go away and have a word with yourself. I'm being serious if you carry on like this your getting kicked out (this is the second post, the first involved swearing and personal attacks).

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 08:31:55 PM »
            I dont think that will help........  :'(  I dont like to get work an personal life intertwined but right know isnt so good for me personally.  But he should be able to do what I have posted.
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            « Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 08:35:38 PM »
            Guys, take it to PM, please.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
              I dont expect it to go any futher but you never know.