Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: fax software  (Read 17846 times)

Jack

fax software
« on: May 05, 2004, 05:31:24 AM »
What is the recommended fax software that works well with Windows XP Professional?

'Cheyenne Bitware' ver 3.3 works well with Windows 98, and is able to distinguish between a normal incoming telephone call and a incoming fax.

By default ,Windows XP Prof comes preloaded with 'FAX'. However, this software cannot  make the above-mentioned distinction. When there is normal (voice) call, the fax software recognizes the call as a incoming fax, and opens the Fax Console which says "receiving fax ... ", which is a problem.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Joleen

Re: fax software
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 05:41:12 AM »
For residential or commercial use?

Jack

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 06:34:58 AM »
This for my home computer.

laura127

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 06:05:01 AM »
I thought you can FAX as standard (no software needed) with Windows XP Professional?? We use it in our office at work & we didnt need to get any specific software (as far as i know!)

Might be wrong :)

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 06:17:22 AM »
Since you liked bitware.. have you tried it on XP?

Jack

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 01:06:12 AM »
Joleen: Bitware ver 3.3 does not work with XP.
Laura:  As mentioned in my original post, the default fax sofware that comes with XP, does not have ability to distinguish between a incoming fax and a normal call.

merlin

« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 12:56:28 PM by merlin »

Jack

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 08:23:25 AM »
Thanks Merlin.

aura127

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 09:03:10 AM »
Laura:  As mentioned in my original post, the default fax sofware that comes with XP, does not have ability to distinguish between a incoming fax and a normal call.

Sorry about that, my fault. I did not read your first post properly coz if i did i wouldnt have been stupid enough to post that!!