Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Streets & trips 2003 with not run  (Read 15235 times)

Woody

Streets & trips 2003 with not run
« on: May 16, 2004, 02:37:21 PM »
When click on Icon  or programs get hourglass for a second and program does not start. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Have installed minimum version  and use run disc. Also tried full installation to no avail. I am running 98SE. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks .....Woody

merlin

Re: Streets & trips 2003 with not run
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 03:14:15 PM »
try firefox browser or avant..i bet you are using ie6?are you

Woody

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 03:48:37 PM »
Hi Merlin: Have brother who answers to that name. I am not that computer savvy. What is firefox and avant?  Are you suggesting I change or add another browser. You are correct I am running IE6. If that is so can I run my system with two browsers? Thanks a bunch, Mate....Woody....Louisiana...USA

merlin

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 01:29:21 AM »
firefox<mozilla> and avant are better browsers then ie 6 and ie 6 does not get a long with win98 and even sometimes winxp?

Woody

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 06:12:17 PM »
Hey Merlin: Good morning (your time). Downloaded Avant. Same problem. Just curious. How could Browser be a problem when my application is off line? Just involves two discs, one setup and one run. How's your weather now? 85 degrees, Fahrenheit here. Regards.....Woody

merlin

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 01:50:16 PM »
ok its has proved the point by using a different browser that it has to to with your internet settings?<restore defaults> and have you got your flash player and shockwave player? and the weather is melting <80 deg and no wind> you i guess have aircon as standard we dont....try this go into the add/remove programs<control panel>windows setup tab click it and tick all the boxes it will ask you for the win98 cd install disk load it and run it ..has any thing altered after doing these tasks? if not try this >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299313
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 02:45:39 PM by merlin »

Woody

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 09:13:45 PM »
Thanks for hanging in with me. Before I try Window over install, I have found something weird. I checked Windows explorer with the S&T discs(either setup or run) and there is a file with dialogue...Autorun.inf-Notepad and its says: Streets & Trips is not installed on your computer....Retail over trial: You have inserted the S&T run disc on a machine that has the trial version installed. Uninstall the trial version and install the retail version....Merlin, i have never had a trial version and can't find it with file search or windows explorer. In fact I deleted every S&T file and folder and started over from scratch. How do you like dem apples? Top of the morning to ya'....Woody

merlin

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 12:57:59 PM »
morning woody and dont forget to delete those items in the reg..and whoops what a clanger i thought your post was about the net<website  s/t> and try this this >http://www.asmwsoft.com/   and  how is  your town hot and dusty?okm8