Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista Ultimate will not boot up  (Read 7351 times)

Don-Merlin

Topic Starter

Windows Vista Ultimate will not boot up
    « on: June 07, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
    Im new to forum and this is first post hope i do this right :) here it goes:

I have a Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop and it came with windows vista ultimate and ePowering Technology and i went to add apps for ePowering Technology like recovery, power management etc and after install pc needed to be rebooted and when i rebooted it got to screen where it is configuring updates step 3 then it goes to shut down and restart and gets to same point and no further.  it just keeps shutting down and restarting. Next thing i did was try F8 and start system in safe mode to repair but same thing happens goes to configuring updates and shuts down and restarts same thing happens when i try other options in F8. tried starting with last known configuration and all others but just get same result. so next i tried Alt + F10 and got the following:

"Booting windows vista"

acpi
    vista loader 2.1.2
    acpi: reclaim memory not found
    done!
    fallback 1
    find--set--root /bootmgr
    (hd 0,1)
    filesystem type is ntfs partition type 0x7
    chain loader /bootmgr
    will boot ntldr from drive= 0x80, partition= 0x1 (hidden sectors= 0xC593A6)

after that message i ended up on the following screen:

"edit boot options"

edit windows boot options for: microsoft windows vista
    path: \windows\system32\winload.exe
    partition: 2
    hard disk: 6ec7342f

/noexecute=optin

enter=submit                     esc=cancel

have no clue what to do now to get into windows to make repairs please help ....thank you in advance for any feedback   Don

WyattSoft

Beginner

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate will not boot up
      « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:01 AM »
      In the 'Advanced Boot Options' (Where you select Safe Mode etc) select "Disable automatic restart on system failure"
      When it's doing the updates, it should bluescreen instead of restart.

Could you post here the error is says on the bluescreen (eg. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) and is it has a "The problem seems to be caused by the following file:" post that filename too.

Don-Merlin

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:15:22 AM »
        Thank you for your help..... I did as you suggested and tried booting up using advanced boot options selecting disable automatic restart at system failure but get the same result.... computer keeps rebooting into windows and gets stuck on screen saying configuring updates step 3
        any more suggestestions would be really appreciated

on a side note this laptop doesnt have a cd-rom so i'm unable to download and apps to disk from my desktop to use booting laptop from cd

crazypollard

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 11:40:13 PM »
          I have an acer too, and I've been having the exact same problem, and doing the exact same things.  I even tried the suggestion on the last post, but my computer just constantly restarts after "Installing Updates: step 3 of 3..." comes up.  Please help if anyone can!!!

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »
          crazypollard
          Please, start your own topic.

Don-Merlin
          If you have Vista DVD...

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

If you don't have Vista DVD...

1. Create Vista Recovery Disc.

Option 1:
          http://www.c4consulting.com.au/soluctions/vista/VISTA%20SOLUCTIONS.htm

Option 2:
          Download Vista Recovery Disc iso image: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/
          Burn it to CD, or DVD: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning+ISO+Images+to+a+CD+or+DVD

2. Boot from created disk.
          At first screen click on Repair your computer:

This will bring you to a new screen where the repair process will look for all Windows Vista installations on your computer. When done you will be presented with the System Recovery Options dialog box:

After this, it will present you with a list of options including startup repair, system restore and command prompt:

Try System Restore, first.
          If that doesn't work, try Startup Repair.

crazypollard

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 12:01:06 AM »
            Thanks for the tip, but it hasn't worked!  I've tried the Startup Repair and System Restore a thousand times, but it keeps coming up to the screen saying "Installing updates  3 of 3" and then restarts a few seconds later.  I'm going crazy trying to figure this out!

Broni

Mastermind
            • Kraków my love :)
              • Computer Help Forum
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 12:18:13 AM »
            I was addressing topic starter, and I asked you to start new topic, please.